To all the friends I lost over time


We all know them the lost ones. The ones you had in your life for a while and then all over a sudden they are gone. You never noticed it but suddenly you do. And then after thinking “why did that happen” you came to the conclusion that there might be no reason. Because they are the lost ones. You just lost them over time.

It would be a lie if someone said they never had a lost friend over the years. Because we all do. If it was your former best friend or just a normal friend, they sometimes get lost. 






After having a conversation with a friend about someone we kind of lost, I started thinking what changed that we don't have as much contact as we used to. And I concluded that she must have been one of the lost ones. The ones you only have in your life for an amount of time before they vanish forever. And the question will always be why? Why do they got lost? Why do they vanish? And when did that happen? Questions that you ask yourself only once before they vanish as your former friend did.

Over time I think I had quite a few friends I have lost and found and lost again. And there might be some friends you thought you have lost that have never been lost at all. But the ones that did, they stay lost forever. And maybe that's a good thing. Maybe you just outgrowth them or they just don't want you in their life anymore vice versa. But still they don't have a problem with you. 






However, then there are the other kind of lost friends the ones you lost and when you accidentally meet them on the street, they start ignoring you. And even if you ask yourself why? In the end you don’t care because you just saw them for a tiny millisecond and the they are gone again. And you don’t bother saying “let’s meet sometime” because you just know that this will never happen at all.

However, after seeing one of the lost ones all over again, I always start thinking of when did it start that we got strangers that knew so much of each other but now we don't know anything at all? 






This is to all the lost ones that I had in my life. To the ones that have been in my life during bad and good times and for all the drama we had during the time, for all the fights and for all the sorrys and all the laughter we had together. Thank you for being there in a time we were friends and also thank you for the time we both got lost and never found each other. Even though I have never saw you again I think it was good to never finding you. Because that's what lost one's do you can't find them because they are in the past, neither in the present nor in the future. They have been lost in time you can't get back.





Do you want to see more from me or what I am up to? Go check out my Instagram @veronica_pinguin

 Photo Credits goes to LittleMCT

Comments

  1. im a lost friend. i sometimes think about u, cause i value our memories together.. i like u a lot! but i guess we just got lazy.. hope we meet soon though :)

    loved this blogpost! it made me think... why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey you! :) Thank you for your comment! If you want to meet me please a message because right now i cant see who you are (as you posted it anonymous!)
      Yeah I guess sometimes people get lazy too :)

      Delete
  2. Thought I'd be the only one commenting. But I guess there is more of us. Wish you all the best and your blog posts are getting better! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment