A Love Letter to


Singapore
I didn’t really think that I would love the city as much as I do, and I didn’t realise how much I miss the city as I do now.
For the past three weeks I am back in my home town and still thinking of everything that happen in the last month. This is a Love Letter to a city that I never thought I would like that much.



Most of my heart belongs to London and this is how it will always stay! However, in the past few weeks I lost a tiny bit of my heart to a new city that seems not so new to me.
I flied to Singapore with no expectations and came back with a new love. When people ask me - how was Singapore- there are too many things I want to tell them but there is no better way to describe that city but the word breath taking.
Singapore is a city with so many different cultures and influences that even if you are trying to describe the city, you automatically fail. But what makes it so special to me?
I have never seen myself as a person who loves to use quotes a lot, but there is a quote which I love that suits one city in practical, but I think it fits for two.




“In London everyone is different and that means everyone can fit in “. – Paddington
Which can be turn to “In Singapore everyone is different and that means everyone can fit in.” That’s how I see the city myself. I remember when I arrived, the first thing I said to my brother was: “This city looks like London but tropical.” And after the past three weeks I still believe it and maybe because of that I might have left a part of my heart in that city.
Even if I try to tell people how I feel about Singapore I think most of them don’t understand it properly and I guess I do understand them, when they say, “you where there for only a few weeks, you couldn’t really see Singapore in all its local glory”. And even if I hear that sentence I absolutely understand them but in the same time I don’t. because even if you travel to a city you have never seen in your life, you can still leave a part of your heart in this place and call it home even though you don’t live there.
I can tell them one thing, I have seen enough to say I left a tiny bit of my heart there. And even more to say I want to come back soon.



For me Singapore is modern, breath taking, beautiful, clean as well as a green city where everything seems so calm and quick at the same time.
So here it is my tiny bit of heart that I lost to a city I never thought I would lose my heart to.




All Photo rights belong to Veronica Krupitza

Comments